CRAN embarks on advocacy programs as a major part of our actions. In the Hohoe, Volta Region, CRAN runs a radio station (Radio Heritage) which efficiently supports our activity of advocacy and information dissemination.
Some of the areas of interest are:
- Women empowerment
- Child rights
- Health (Malaria, HIV/AIDS & COVID-19)
- The CRAN project team identifies the needs of a community in the course of their work.
- Donor organizations advertise the need for advocacy groups to carry out advocacy campaigns on any of the issues or subjects above of which CRAN applies for.
The role of CRAN:
- CRAN provides resource person(s) for the campaign either from within or outside the organization.
- CRAN supervises, monitors and evaluates the campaign to ensure that the objectives of the advocacy are fully met.
- A well written report will be done by CRAN.
- CRAN trains local communities to undertake advocacy at their own level.
CRAN’s reaction to COVID-19
During the outbreak of the novel COVID-19 pandemic, CRAN donated PPEs to market women, the vulnerable, and the disadvantaged in the Central Region of Ghana.
Additionally, CRAN staff sensitized and demonstrated effective handwashing techniques to two schools. After the training, CRAN donated soap and towels to each school.