This internship position shall enable you contribute to CRAN’s plan and vision of promoting socio-economic development of the rural and peri-urban poor by working and contributing in a most professional and qualitative manner towards ensuring an improved quality of life for nearly 50% of Ghana’s population who live in mainly squalid and distressed communities.
The start date of this internship programme is on the 15th of August 2022 (tentative). Duration is for six (6) months with 40 working hours per week, from 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Hence, it is required that you join the team at its Head Office located in Cape Coast, the Central Region of Ghana (No.5 Cran street, Adjacent Mudek Hotel, Pedu). Based on your scientific interests and academic strengths, you shall closely work with other outlets of CRAN and mainly contribute to the preparation and organisation of proposals for funding, updating technical reports on CRAN’s programmes and projects, planning and organisation of field visits to beneficiary communities, and assisting with the planning of events such as management meetings, board-meetings, and seminars.
During your stay, you will gain experience and knowledge on:
- Rural development.
- Traditional/Community-based engagements.
- Community entry techniques.
- Programme and project management.
- Planning and organisation of events.
- Ghanaian culture and family-life.
Note that this internship is unpaid. Eligibility requirements for this internship include:
- Being a current student in a graduate/undergraduate school programme from any university (It is a plus if your university credits internships as credit hours. e.g., ECTS).
- Being a recent graduate (at least have completed studies within the last one year).
- Having good oral and written skills with fluency in English (a necessity).
Obtaining visas and/or work/resident permits including all associated costs, are the full responsibility of the intern. For details on cost of living in Ghana (Cape Coast), click here.